Friday, December 21, 2007

Feliz Navidad (in sign language, too!)

The kinder kids all got to participate in the Polar Express party. They came dressed in their pajamas and were treated to hot chocolate and cookies.





On a critical note: It was one of the most disorganized events I'd ever seen. No one was in charge... There were over 20 parents there to set up and no one to direct us! Mr. James (the custodian) was grumpy that no one had arranged anything with him... and since most of us had never done the event before, we had no clue what to do...

On a positive note: We'll have to fix that for next year... PTC meeting on January 7th - I'll bring it up! :) Overall, it was a decent event. The kids all had a lot of fun! And there were a lot of them!!! All 6 kinder classes participated. 120 kinders in one room! :)

It was nice for us to see our buddies from other classes: AJ, Hannah, Tyler, Curtis, Nola and Isaac. :) I got to hang out with Jayla (Abigail's sister) and Lena (Abigail's mom) plus Valenn, Joe, Max (Barron & Isaac's mom & dad plus little brother) and of course Julie (Cory's mom - who is also my fellow room mom who was not happy that I just had Stacie bring the supplies vs. dealing with food donations at the last minute from the parents... but that is a whole other story...) My old FUN friends, Penny & Jeannette were there as well as my new friend, Lori... and Dinah & Mama Maria. :) Stan even surprised us by showing up! :)

Kiana's class sang Feliz Navidad - in Spanish and ASL! (One of the things that I like about Ms. Sprenkel is that she teaches them to sign. She has reinforced a lot of the sign language that I've taught Kiana - I wish I could learn more so that it's all more fluid when I do it... but I digress!) I loved that they signed the song because Novalee's parents are hearing impaired and it was so nice that they were able to do this while they sat in the front row. :)

Here is Mrs. Wong with Mrs. Sprenkel - the Room 105 team.


Kiana and Ninah stood next to each other in the lineup. Samantha wasn't there... she was on vacation already...

"I want to wish you a Merry Christmas... from the bottom of my heart!"

Mrs. Sprenkel conducting her class...

The conductor (a la Mr. Mattos) punching the kids' tickets...

Mr. Mattos in the very tiny conductor's cap... :)

Kiana and Ninah


Mommy, Kiana & Daddy

No comments: