Monday, May 29, 2006

90 years young...

Went to Nanay's 90th birthday party tonight. It was fun to see all the fam again. Half the people didn't recognize me! I guess it *has* been a few years. I know I've got some junk in the trunk but if one more person tells me "wow! you got fat!" I'm going to have to slap someone. I got my bitch on when Uncle Joe came over to tell me how fat I looked - I told him, you have 3 kids and go on steroids to breathe and talk to me about it. F-that! Little do they know, I've been losing weight... scary!

Nanay's was really sweet. Lots of memories, lots of love, lots of tears --- OMG! it was fabulous!

I know it's a good thing to appreciate people when they're here -- but it felt almost like a wake for the living. All the "what I remember about you" speeches and the "I will love you always" sentiments kind of freaked me out a little. I loved the celebration, don't get me wrong. But it felt almost morbid to me. I think if there was less "show" and more celebration, it wouldn't have felt so weird. I loved the way everyone was showing their love for Nanay - especially since she is getting on in years and she is ill... but there was a weird vibe that made me feel off. I dunno. I'm probably just being my dramatic self.

It was fun to see people and hang out, though. I miss talking to Peter and Annalynn - and watching Taralynn grown up. I wish I knew Paul's new girlfriend (Shirley) a little better. I miss being part of the "cousins."

I'm inspired to throw Sherwood & Geri's party now. I miss planning events --- formal ones.

Speaking of which... off to do Kaili's birthday party invites --- Do-Do-Do-Do-Do-ra the Ex-plor-er

No comments: