The wedding was Mexican-Chinese with a little American thrown in. LOL! During the ceremony, the Mariachi band played. The cutest thing was how the crowd went wild every time a bridesmaid came down the aisle. (Renee's sisters and best friend were here bridesmaids - they were gorgeous in their mint green dresses with silver strappy shoes!) Most of the noise came from Renee's side. LOL!!! When Renee came down the aisle, the Mariachi band played a wedding song (the name escapes me - it's the one most married couples leave the church to). All of the guests cheered and gave her a standing ovation. It was awesome! You couldn't help but feed off their energy. That set the mood for the whole night. Awesome!
When the minister (this really neat lady who had lots of unique sayings to describe them - drawing a blank right now - I remember thinking I should remember them - oops!) pronounced them husband and wife, tears of joy and cheers of celebration could be heard for miles. It was crazy loud! Wilson was so sweet. It was a little windy so he would stroke her face lovingly as hair got blown into her eyes... or he would kiss her hand. I knew he was thoughtful and charming but sooooo sweet! Yeah, that's totally Wilson! Renee was obviously enamored with her new husband. The way she looked at him, you could totally tell!
The reception was a blast. Stan had the most fun hanging out with the Mariachi band. Tenny's wife thought we were nuts. LOL!!! Eat your heart out Adam! Stan is going to join a Mariachi band! Fortunately, they were amused and not annoyed! LOL!
I really liked how Wilson and Renee did their first dance as soon as they walked in - SWAY by the Pussycat Dolls --- but not the whole song. The music blended into THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT by Frank Sinatra for the Father-Daughter and Mother-Son dances (again, not using the whole song, but enough to make you appreciate it). Right after that was the video and the Lion Dance. Dinner was served (including sorbet to cleanse the pallet)... then bouquet toss, garter toss and cake cutting... lots of stuff jam-packed into 5 hours... but such a great time!
I didn't realize how much I missed being social and meeting new people. Wilson put us at what ended up being the rowdy table. LOL! Gee --- intentional? LOL!!! We had a great view of the wedding party tables and of the dance floor --- and we were seated next to the DJ, too! :D I think we were the only ones to ting the glasses the whole reception! LOL! We sat with Rick Nguyen (his wife wasn't there - she had to study for Finals), Michael and Michelle Healy, Andrew Frost and his girlfriend and Howie and Emilia Severinson (?). Small world story - Howie remembers Julia from Mitty! LOL!! He even had a crushy on her Freshman year of H.S.
Oops! I guess I should put a picture in of the happy couple --- this was taken as we were leaving... they were soooooo happy. It was very very sweet...
We had such a good time. It was almost intoxicating for me to be out with "grown ups" again! LOL!!! I talked a lot, laughed til my face hurt and got my dance groove on. It has been wayyyyyy too long! The best part was that Stan and I got to have fun together again --- we totally reconnected. Mom took the Trio overnight so we didn't have to worry about rushing home. We got to take our time and chill out.
We've got a few more weddings this summer --- Kev & GiGi and John & Jen... (Michael & Lettie's was postponed to next summer, I think.) Can't wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment