We get to go home!!!
The OBGYN attending (I didn't catch her name) gave me the ok... and the pediatrician said as long as Melody's bilirubin levels were under 9, she could go home. He's concerned about her weight but thinks we can handle it at home and take her to Dr. Chan for a weight check tomorrow...
Baby spent night in "the big ol' blue box" (under the bilirubin lights) - I was so paranoid that I wouldn't hear her crying (because it's so muffled) that I slept very lightly. I fed her every 2.5 hours... and she had wet and poopy dipes so I was optimistic for her.She didn't gain weight... she actually lost and went down to 5lbs 1oz.
The amazing thing... girlfriend's bilirubin levels went from 11 to 7.5 --- totally unusual.. totally amazing!
To help give Melody the best chance to be nourished and gain weight, she is not on the breast anymore... just pumping full time now. It's so hard for her to "nurse." Doesn't bother me any that I'm pumping and bottle feeding - as long as she gets what she needs -- plus, this allows others to feed her. If need be, we also have the option to give her formula if she needs more than what I can offer her.
Stan and Melody did the "Car Seat Challenge" (basically strapping her into her carseat for 30 minutes to make sure she can tolerate the long ride home)...
then we got our discharge papers and were able to leave.
We packed up the kids (in the wagon) after Stan loaded up my stuff in the car...
Said "bye" to some of my F2 faves... but know that I'll still be in touch with a few of them... :)
Now... it's time to head home and start our life as a Family of 6! :)
===
@ HOME...
It's official, I'm in major pain! I take 2 Vicodin every 6 hours with Ibuprofen in between at the 3 hour mark... It's going to take a while before I can feel better again, and the baby is totally worth it... but wow! It hurts!!!
Some of the family who came over to visit on our first night home... Nette, Ogie, Jon, Glerica, Marie, Anthony, Auntie Eden & Mom... It's nice to have family around - they were able to distract the big kids and hold the baby so I could rest...
No comments:
Post a Comment