Weight: 6lbs -- Melody is up 1 pound!
Clothing size: Preemie, 0-3 (but she's swimming in it!)
Diaper size: Preemie
Sleep pattern: a great sleeper! but i wonder if it has anything to do with the Vicodin and Motrin i'm taking?
Feeding: nursing every 1.5 - 2 hours --- i'm pumping, too... sadly, i only get about 2-3 oz total so i don't think Mellie is getting much. she's hungry as soon as her feedings end so we supplement with a little formula (2oz) every other feeding... :(
Milestones: None yet... she's mainly sleeping, eating and pooping... she has been pretty constipated, though... poor baby!
Special notes: the kids are crazy about her!!!
At 2 week olds, we went to see Dr. Chan for a re-check for weight... and Dr. Chan was concerned about Melody's coloring... yes, now we were dealing with Jaundice again! We did bloodwork to see what her bilirubin level was. If it was higher than a 12, we'd have to go to the hospital and get her a bili-blanket and bring her back for re-checks... I took her to the lab (love that it's all in one place at PAMF!) --- she did great when they stuck her in the foot! Only cried for a second.. We got the results... yay! She passed! No hospital stay for Mellie! She as at a Level 9 - which Dr. Chan said was acceptable... whooo hooo! Oh... girlfriend is growin'! She's 6lbs even now! and she's only 2 weeks old!!! a bit jaundiced but at a level 9 so it's ok...
Mommy notes: I'm in a great deal of pain still. (I take the occasional Vicodin... mostly, though, I'm on 600-800 mg of Motrin.) I was getting massive chills for a while there... Dr. El-Sayed had said it was probably my hormones leveling out. It's miserable! We've had the cousins here almost daily which has been a great help! They distract the kids and tend to the baby so I can rest. Yay for Spring Break, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment