I'm happy to report that Kaili recovering nicely from the Hand Foot & Mouth disease that she has suffered from for almost a week now. (Had to laugh - we've been at Little Mud Puddles for 5 years now... and in all that time, my kids never caught any of the illnesses that were posted on the front door - Hand Foot & Mouth, Conjunctivitis, etc. --- until now... 4 weeks before graduation... ugh!)
The girls and I were confined to the house (she was running a high fever and was considered contagious until the fever broke) the whole weekend. Ry stayed with Tee & Wawa and had lots of fun hanging out with Uncle Ray, Auntie Angela, Baby Gabie, Uncle Jon, Auntie Blerica, Michael and the gang going to lunch at his fave place (Red Robin) then going mini-golfing and bowling then going to the movies with Tee and Uncle Rudy... The girls finally were fever free late Saturday. Kiana never developed the blisters so she probably did a good job of fighting the virus. Poor Kaili still has a few blisters on her tongue and on her feet but otherwise, she's feeling much better. I started feeling sick on Sunday (feverish and achy) but luckily that only lasted a day. I called in sick to take care of the kids on Friday, Saturday and Monday... I go back in tomorrow... Did I mention all of this happened as soon as we dropped Stanton at the airport? He is in Evian, France this week... it's all good, though... I was able to handle the girls and thankfully had help with Ryan. I'll definitely enjoy myself when I go on my girls trip to LA in July... thanks to Stan for encouraging me!
Today was a big day for Kaili... a few weeks ago, we went to the optometrist because we had suspicions that she needed glasses... and boy did she ever! Girlfriend has a severe stigmatism - and her sight is almost as bad as mine! -3.25 in each eye! Poor baby! She got my poor eyesight (and my asthma, too!)... Since I had her home, I thought I'd call to see if her glasses were ready (it has been 2 weeks) - they were! We went to pick them up... how cute is my baby???
She picked glasses "that look like Mommy's" --- burgundy - but hers have purple near the ears... sooooo cute! She picked out a new glass case (she didn't want the one that came with the glasses - I didn't mind buying it for her if it made her happier about wearing glasses... plus, in the grand scheme of things, the $15 for her pretty pink case was a drop in the bucket compared to the $258 glasses that this little girl is wearing... yes, this is AFTER the $100 allowance from VSP! They're a little big for her on the earpiece so she's got a little growing room. These were some of the smaller frames they had, too! The infant ones were too small for her...
Now to Kiana... our little starlet will be one of the performers in the kindergarten musical "Little Bo Peep" --- it's a play about nursery rhymes. Kiana will play "the sun" in Itsy Bitsy Spider, "the dish" that ran away with the spoon (Cory) from Hey Diddle Diddle... and her favorite, she gets to hold the "Intermission" sign... She's thriving in kinder after having a rough start with creative writing and being terribly shy. She's doing fabulously! She loves her tap/jazz classes (that she takes at Holly Center through the Joanne Brown Dancers) - her best friend, Aniya, is in her class, too!
She just lost her two front teeth... (actually, Dr. Law pulled them... one was traumatized and seemed to be dead and the other had a big fat cavity close to the gumline) She and Ry love that they have "matching windows" ---
Ry is finally coming into his own in school and in sports! As per the usual, he's doing great in math and science... and he's reading a lot... but writing was always his challenge. Mrs. McGraw has been so great at working with him, encouraging him and inspiring him to do his best. I hope that whoever he has next year can continue that... *FINGERS CROSSED!* Ry has discovered his passion for baseball. He and Stan have the best time practicing together... and Ry loves when he can make a play that makes his team proud. Lately, he's been getting really good at long distance throwing (sorry! I don't know the "real" terms) and catching those pop fly balls... :) Today, he made a "heads up" out at 3rd - he actually tagged the player out. A few weeks ago, he wouldn't have even had a clue how to do that...
I've got to go tend to the kids so I'll update the blog later... lots has happened and I've got lots of pictures... I just haven't had time to put anything down until now --- gotta love being "stuck" at home...
No comments:
Post a Comment