Spent most of the day today in the hospital with my mom. She has been under the weather the past few days - battling a fever and body aches... Last night, her fever spiked and she started to have trouble breathing. This morning, she said it felt like someone was stepping on her chest and she couldn't breathe... and that the pains in her chest, abdomen and back were excrutiating... My sister and two aunts took her to the ER. I dropped off the awards/gifts at the field, called Darrell to let him know I'd be out, and went straight to the hospital...
After many blood tests/cultures, an EKG, a chest x-ray, constant breathing treatments and lots of other monitoring, it was determined that she has pneumonia. She also showed signs of an infection [i](her white blood count was extremely high)[/i] so they ran more tests. Given her age and severity of the pneumonia, they decided to admit her. It may be a few days in the hospital for her - it depends on her recovery and if they can locate the infection. She's on antibiotics and more breathing treatments for the rest of the night. I told her to be thankful that she has good insurance and to take advantage of the TLC she's getting...
If you could send up a prayer for her - that she gets better soon, we would appreciate it!
Thanks sooooo much!
I know it has been an exhausting week with Kaili and Kia being sick and now mom... thankfully, Stan is home now so I'm not dealing with the kids on my own anymore and can focus on Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment