Stan left for Evian (France) on Thursday afternoon for a week-long trip...
Thursday night, Kaili complained that her throat hurt and she started running a fever...
Friday morning, both Kaili and Kia were complaining about sore throats... Kaili had a fever of 101.3 and Kia was waivering at 99.9. Took them both to the pediatrician...
Turns out Kaili has Hand, Foot and Mouth disease... (it's going around her preschool - grrrrr... 5 years we've been there with all 3 kids and never got any of the illnesses that were going around - 4 weeks before we're finally out of there, Kaili gets Hand, Foot and Mouth! :() The inside of her mouth and throat were bright red with little white blisters all over... she doesn't have the blisters on her hands and feet yet but doc suspects they're coming. (She had a few spots on her feet but no blisters yet...)
Kiana's throat is irritated and pink but no blisters. She still has a low grade fever and has thrown up a few times. Doesn't seem like thhey have the same virus...
Since Kaili is still contagious, I decided to keep both girls home... and I sent Ryan to stay with my sister and mom this weekend so that he isn't exposed to them. We only have 2 weeks left of school and lots of fun activities planned - I don't want him to miss any of it... Thankfully, my sister and mom were fine having him there this weekend.
Stan and I were Skype'ing today... he feels so bad that he's there having fun. (He's at an international showcase where it's mostly salesfolks. He has a half a day of work - the rest of the week is schmoozing and hanging out with the sales team...) I told him not to worry. He'd be in my way anyway, if he was here... Plus, I'm heading to LA for 5 days after our Hawaii trip with some girlfriends (his idea) so I'll have my funtime, too!
Thanks for listening... if you could muster up some "get well soon" vibes for my girls, I would appreciate it! Kiana has her kindergarten musical on Wednesday that she cannot miss - it would break her heart...
Ry just called... he's going to have lunch and play mini-golf with my cousin, Ray. He's soooooooo happy that he's out and about and not stuck at home with me and the girls...
No comments:
Post a Comment