We had an awesome time today at HSM on Ice!
It was sooooooo awesome hearing the music blasting through the colesium with the lights and pyrotechnics going... and the awesome ice skating... It had us all blown away. The cast was entirely young people with lots of personality. Made me wish I was part of their ensemble! My kiddos were a little confused at first that it wasn't Zac Efron or Vanessa Hudgens on the ice... but got over it real quick...
The girl who played Kelsey was a little annoying (she was the only one who wasn't lip syncing to tracks - her voice intonations were irritating... she sounded like she was a Romper Room teacher...) but she did have a good script to go by... The skaters who played Troy, Sharpay and Ryan were awesome... the girl who played Taylor was darling... I was excited to see the guy who played Chad - he is my A-Phi grandsister's brother-in-law... The girl who played Gabriella was kind of a dud... but she did pull out a few cool tricks at the end of the show.
Basically, Kelsey narrates the whole show as they take you through Act 1: High School Musical then Act II: High School Musical II. The story did get switched up a bit to make the musical numbers make sense and they did add 2 little songs that I'd never heard before...
We sat in the third row off the ice... I got some decent pictures of the performers - though not as many as I would've liked. I used my sister's camera (I forgot mine - lame, I know!) but I'll get it back from her tomorrow so I can upload.
My favorite numbers were Status Quo, We're All In This Together and Bet on It...
Can't wait to hear how the rest of you guys like it!!! My kiddos are on an HSM high right now...
========
After the show, we had dinner with the Calimlims and Viswanathans at Phoenix Garden... It was fun to just chill out with them... Poor Kia is still suffering from the stomach bug she has... but she got through the evening...
No comments:
Post a Comment