Friday, October 05, 2007

Eastin Jog-a-Thon 2007 - October 5th

http://kwongdynasty.smugmug.com/gallery/3595848

The Jog-a-Thon came and went like a whirlwind... It was a lot of fun but totally exhausting...

When I arrived at school, I saw that it was like 50'ish degrees and super-super-windy. Dude, even *I* was cold, and you know me, I rarely get cold. I met Stacie out at the tables (note: next year we need to get CHAIRS, too!) - and we got started setting everything up. Right at 8:10am, the kinders arrived, and the jog-a-thon got started...

Kiana... oh my dear Kiana... She woke up with a swollen right eye. Poor thing was so self-conscious when I dropped her off that morning... but she survived... :) By the end of the school day for Kia, her eye looked normal again.


Kinder got to jog first. It was so cute seeing all those little ones out on the blacktop. The track was broken into quads for the kinders. :)

I went over to Kia's class to say, "hi!" and to take a picture of them. (You know me, I'm the paparazzi - or would i be the mama-razzi?)



Kiana walks up to me and announces (as she shivers profusely), "Don't these people know that it's cold out here?" (pauses and looks around then looks back to me) "I'm not doing this. It's far too cold!" <>




The kids get in line - there are about 12 kids standing behind Kiana from her class... the music starts... and Kiana... REFUSES TO MOVE! OMG! I tried encouraging her to jog... she wouldn't budge. Mrs. Sprenkel comes over and tries to get her to move... no luck... The line behind Kiana isn't moving... no one wants to go around her... the other class sharing the quad starts to catch up and get backed up behind her... I'm horrified and I want her to get moving... (Normally, if we were at home, I'd walk away... or ignore her behavior... or go "drill sergeant" and shout at her to get her butt moving... but I couldn't do that at school... so...) I ended up offering to jog with her. She hesitantly walked along side me - in a pissy mood.

As slow as she was going, no one would go around her... it drove me nuts... I finally pulled her out of the circle so we could walk... and the rest of the kids followed us! After 4 laps of "dragging our feet" (I was jogging and being silly, she was pouting and acting like she was going to fall over...), "Bet on It" (Zac Efron's song from High School Musical 2) came on and girlfriend came to life... She started jogging on her own... and I was able to go off and work again... :)


By the end of the kinder's time, Kiana had run 15 laps... :)

After each class, the kids were treated to popsicles from Schwan's... Kiana isn't a big sweets eater so she ended up posing for the picture with her open popsicle... then tossed it...


Next came the 5th graders... OMG, those kids were sooooooo big!

2nd grade came next... They were by far the most entertaining of all the classes to watch. They were enthusiastic and fun. I really enjoyed them... It was sooooo cute... Everytime Mr. Mattos would do the countdown of how much time was left, the kids would say, "whoooo!" or they'd scream... then they'd book even faster... I giggled every time.


I took a class picture of Mrs. McGraw and her kiddos a few minutes before they started... didn't get individuals of them, though... I'll do that another time...



My little Casanova blew me kisses every time he passed the table I was standing at. :) The other moms loved it! I didn't get to take pictures of all the kids we know so that bummed me out... but it was fun to see them run by. I really enjoyed seeing my old "friends" from Mrs. Faria's class last year. I was super excited to see them. My girls even came over to visit and give me hugs. Awwwww! Alyssa B. and Alexis even spent time hanging out at the table with me during recess..) Actually, lots of kids came over to hang out from all grades... I didn't think they'd think hanging out with grown-ups was cool, but they were there for all of recess! Asking me questions and telling me random stories!

Ry & Ben visited a lot...



and Daniel came over when he saw Ryan --- of course, I snapped a pic! (bummer that Ry had his eyes closed!)


Next was lunch break - I had fun hanging out with Phoebe and Mama Lucy...

The last classes were 4th grade and 1st grade... by the time 1st grade ran, I had some time to take pictures again so I did (they were of kids I didn't know for the most part since they'd be used for future school slideshows)... I did get to see Lisa as she volunteered for Jazzy's class... it was fun to see her! I also got to see Joshua - snapped a few cute pics of him for Dinah.

Overall, it was a fabulously fun event! It is definitely one of my very favorites of the school year.

Kaili even got to get a taste of it and run a few laps with Papa --- but that's another blog in itself... :)



No comments: