Friday, September 07, 2007

Mommy's having her tonsils out! :D

Hey Guys! Just a reminder that I may be a little quiet next week as I recover from my tonsillectomy/septoplasty. I go in for surgery on Monday at 6:30am. My procedure is scheduled for 7:30-9:30am. It's an outpatient procedure so after about an hour of recovery after the surgery, I'll be sent home. Stan will be home with me the first day. My mom and sister will be with me the rest of the week. My in-laws will also be here on Wednesday to help with the kiddos. We're stocking the fridge with lots of jello and yogurt... and of course, Cindy Brady's favorite... ice cream... :D hee hee hee! (I actually admitted to my doc that the extent of my knowledge of tonsillectomies was from the Brady Bunch... he looked at me like I was nuts... then he laughed at me - not along with me... AT me!) Funny that I've had 3 c-sections and have never been phased at all by undergoing major abdominal surgery but the thought of having my throat hurt for a few weeks scares the bejeezus out of me... I'm lame, that way... I can handle a big cut but papercuts make me cry... :D My doctor is Dr. Jason Van Tassel from Washington Township Medical Group - he is only a few months older than me which is a little bizarre since all of my other docs are a little more "seasoned." He seems to know what he's doing... he has a really good reputation, too... Hey! He's also a cosmetic surgeon so I guess if he messes up my nose, he can fix it??? :D BAD JOKE!!! I know!!! :) Tee hee hee... if he does a good job, I'll get him a deal at Fire Pixie for the entertainment for his sons' birthday party... Dude gave me the graphic description of what he'll be doing (I think he wanted me to squirm but being the gore-girl that I am, I totally got into it...) - he compared removing tonsils to peeling an orange! um... I think I'll leave the visual there since I know some of you may have weak tummies for this stuff... :D
Keep me in your thoughts, please. I'm praying for a safe surgery and a quick and easy recovery... and that the kids are ok this coming week with everyone else running the show... GAH! SCARY!!! I've got a full calendar starting at the end of September on so I hope that I am back on my feet soon... Keep the love comin'! :D I'll "chat" with you guys soon! Love love love to you all!- annie

No comments: