Thursday, September 13, 2007

Disaster preparedness?

Now that I'm home, I'm hearing all sorts of stuff on the news saying that we're due for a huge earthquake here on the Hayward fault. (I live very close to the faultline.)

I have a disaster relief kit in my car but not in the house... I'm putting one together now (ordering all supplies online since I am not leaving the house anytime in the near future). I'm sure this could wait a few days until I'm cleared by my doc but I'm such a spaz, I have to do it all now... so much for "taking it easy, 'eh?"

Do you guys have those collapsable ladders to make it easier for the kids to get from their second floor bedrooms to your designated meeting spots outside?

I had a disaster kid at our old house but I have no idea what happened to it when we moved... It must be still packed up in one of the boxes in the garage that I still have yet to sort through...

What is in your disaster kit?

No comments: