Last week, I took Melody to the pediatrician... since she started preschool, she has been having potty accidents left and right... pretty ridiculously! Decided to get her checked for a UTI before chalking it up to being super stressed out from the big life changes that had been happening around her - turning 4, being considered a "big girl" and starting preschool all in the course of 2 weeks was a bit much.
At the appointment, they needed a urine sample so I got Melody to "pee in a cup" - she was resistant at first because it was a weird concept... but after she did it, she thought it was hilarious!
Fast forward almost a week...
"Mommy!" (hands me her My Melody mug that Auntie Stacie gave her... one of her most favorite cups...) "You need to wash this." (I notice it is totally wet.)
I ask, "Why is it wet?" (thinking she dropped it in the toilet as the counter is very narrow and it could have fallen in...)
Mel replies enthusiastically, "I pee'd in a cup!"
Fast forward to today... Mel is brushing her teeth... I hand her a dixie cup for her to use for rinsing. (At this point, I decide that no one is safe rinsing in a cup that Melody has recently handled.) Mel is reluctant... I think she's just being stubborn... Nope!
"I can't use these cups anymore, Mommy." (points to 3 cups on the counter) "I pee'd in these cups!" --- from what she told me, she has taken the cups from the dispenser, pee'd in them, washed them and let them dry on the counter. I ended up tossing all of the cups, including those in the dispenser since she has been handling them, and threw them away. I've since washed and disinfected the dispenser and supplied brand new cups... Mel has been instructed not to pee in cups unless instructed by a medical professional and that cups we drink from are NOT the same as cups that laboratories use for "specimen."
Oh... the joys of raising kids! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment