Monday, January 09, 2012

What an inspiration... Grandma Mary turns 90!

For over 20 years, I've had the honor of knowing Mary Kubota.  (She is grandma to Stan's childhood BFF - Chuck.)  We had the honor of being invited to share in her 90th birthday celebration!

We love Grandma Mary.  Ry, Kia, K and Mel all think of her as their grandma.  She is kind, funny, thoughtful and loving.  Short of baking cookies (haha!), she is the epitome of what a grandma is.  




I love that her favorite memory of Stan is going on a trip with him in tow when he was younger... and her resorting to tying him to a pole to keep him from jumping around - and potentially falling into the body of water.  She laughs lovingly whenever she reminisces about that story!  :)

Grandma's party was hosted by her kids (Noel, Karen & Randy) and their families.  It was at Henry's Garden Restaurant in San Carlos.  In addition to celebrating the day and sharing stories, we enjoyed a lovely lunch and some yummy cake. 




  


Adam and his cousin from Hawaii performed a duet (Aloha Oy?) - it was super sweet.  
 






The highlight for the kids was the toast.  (They had Sprite... actually so do I!  :)  Still can't stomach it very well since it made me sick at our wedding.  haha!)
  



She was very happy and really enjoyed herself... So happy that we were a part of the celebration!  Hope that I am as bright, happy, capable, and loved when I'm 90 years old!  





Wishing Grandma many more happy years to come!


Pictures from Grandma Mary's party
password:  turtles









No comments: