Wednesday, February 02, 2005

January 2005 Recap

Where did the first month of 2005 go? Seems like it just flew by!

We started the year off with the sickies... Stomach flu seemed to linger a little longer than it should have but Dr. Hogue didn't seem too concerned about it - so neither will I... :)

So... here's the "nutshell" version of how everyone is doing this first month of January 2005 - pics posted here... http://kwongdynasty.smugmug.com/gallery/345574

KAILI
Our "chunk" (as Stan affectionately calls her) has turned into a Skinny Minnie (well, for her!) since getting the stomach flu and becoming super active. Both she and Kiana are 25lbs each! People constantly think they're twins. Sometimes, I admit, I can't figure out who is who peripherally...

K talks up a storm in her raspy Demi Moore voice... :) She has probably 60+ words and phrases now. She speaks fairly clearly, too! Some of her fave things to say: wy-wy, kya, Dadhee, Mum, Ah You?, Ha-Pahb or Pibe! Pibe!

Miss Grace loves to sing and dance as well. Turn on Hi-5 and she's in absolute heaven! She loves them so much! From the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed, she's buggin' me for Hi-5.

She has really good motor skills - I love to watch her doing puzzles (she can do simple shapes puzzles), stacking toys (and knocking them over, too) and playing with "Pay-Doh" - she really likes smashing it down, rolling it then using the princess stamps to make neat imprints... She loves her Dolly (her Bitty Baby at home) as well as her "baby gool" at Wawa's - "Caty"). She is happy to play "Mommy" all afternoon - feeding baby, putting her in the stroller and walking around, asking us to kiss the doll... very cute!

RYAN
Ry started Socceroo Soccer though the City of Fremont - so much better of a program than Kidz Love Soccer through City of Newark. This is the class description: Socceroo Soccer is a recreational, non-competitive, age appropriate soccer school operated by Carlos Schulze, a former professional soccer player from Chile. Coach Carlos and his staff developed these clinics specially geared toward developing motor skills in younger participants and teaching basic soccer skills required for game play in older participants. Each participant will have a soccer ball at their feet and a nuturing, fun time while receiving top quality soccer instruction. No scores are kept because at Socceroo Soccer, the score is always FUN to FUN! Shinguards are required for all participants. Pics posted!

Ry absolutely loves Little Mud Puddles - I only wish we would've had the opportunity sooner to send him there earlier - note: LMP only started part-time schooling this year... He has a girlfriend named Vanessa - she's a darling little girl. One time a few months agom, I went to pick Ryan up from school - walked into the room and didn't see him. All of a sudden, I hear "Miss Audrey, look at Ryan" - I spot my son on the ground laying with Vanessa just talking... Miss Audrey had them get up because our friends don't "play like that at school." It was hysterical! I asked him later what they were talking about... he replied, "Milk - drinking in a cup or a sippy." HA HA HA!!!

LMP offered a Hooked on Phonics class for the first time this year... Ry has his HoP class with Miss Amber every Friday from 3:30-4:20pm. He absolutely loves it. Miss Amber is pleased and impressed with his enthusiasm and interest in reading. The other day, she asked me how long he'd been reading and what we've done to work with him on it. I told her that he's pretty much self-entertaining when it comes to reading and spelling but we do participate when he asks questions. Funny story: One day, Ryan and the other 3 kids in his session were reading their short word books, Ry was visibly getting antsy. Finally, as Audrey Lin was sounding out words in her book, he tells her very matter-of-factly, the word is "sun" -- and (as he points to the words each of the other kids was going to work on) that is "cat" and that is "dog" - then pulls a piece of paper from Miss Amber's stack and points out "and THAT word is umbrella" -- i love my smarty pants!

Ry is exploring his "patronly side" --- since the girls had dolls and strollers at Wawa's house, Ry wanted his own set so we went to TRU and picked out the boy Graco doll and a matching stroller. Ry named his boy "Kyle" - no, i didn't have any influence on that! seriously!!! while Kiana named her girl "Anastasia" and Kaili's "Caty" (short for Caitlyn), he said he wanted to name his "Kyle" - heck, Ry was almost named "Kyle" - if I wasn't so against giving our child a South Park character name at the time, he would've been! :) Ry is still obsessed with laptop, Lilo & Stitch and lots of lunching (ok... i wanted to say "munching" but it didn't start with an "l").

KIANA
Kiana DIVA child - "not fair!" (with arms folded across her chest) and "i'm going to to it all by myself" are two phrases commonly heard in our household these days. Girlfriend has the attitude from hell though she's as cute as an angel! She can't go to bed unless she's wearing some "pretty princess pajamas" (a bad habit she is teaching Kaili about!). We're back on potty training again. She's doing great again. Well... heck, she should be! She's been poop trained since she was 15 months old! Actually, it's going well for both girls! Hopefully soon there will be no more diapers or pullups in our house... whoo hooo!!!! KJ is great with the computer! She can totally mouse around with Ryan! Her vocabulary cracks me up. She uses a whole lot of big words (and in the correct context!) for a 2-3/4 year old! What stands out most for me lately, though, is Miss Thang's talent! She can sing and dance --- and she's good at it, too... She loves attention (no, really?) and can be very friendly - when she wants to be --- even with folks she should be slightly fearful of! The few trips we made to Fremont Pediatric this month, she was very talkative and friendly with Dr. Hogue, Lande & Cronin... actually, girlfriend LIKES going to see the pediatrician! whenever she has the slightest sneeze, cough, papercut, you name it, she asks to see Dr. Hogue.

STAN
Stan has had some interesting stuff going on with work - won't say what since we never know who is reading this... :) The good thing is that he has been making such an effort to get home at a more reasonable hour and be part of his kids' lives again! He's normally home between 7-8pm - can't complain! Stan got to meet his "teen crush" Debbie (ok... Deborah) Gibson at CES. It was a dream come true for him... ok... maybe not quite the "dream-dream" since that would be much less "G" rated, I'm sure... but it was a nice daydream come true! She was performing at CES for a product she is spokesperson for ("Leadsinger" Karaoke products). She did a short 3 song concert then did a mini-meet-and-greet. Stan got her autograph and got to chat with her for a while...

ANNIE
So... what am I up to aside from trying to keep sane and get myself off Lexapro? I've had a rough time adjusting to no outside volunteer commitments (I really miss Alpha Phi and my Mom's club) but know that for me to continue on with those with the lack of support I have, it's not worth it. I would just be sad all the time. So, I'm keeping busy doing invitations/announements, I do a lot more with the kids and I've been such the goofy groupie girl. To quote Teresa... "you frighten me!" Hey, when you only have middle of the night to do stuff, and the only people to talk to are online, you take what you can get, right? :)

As you know, Annie is a huge Kyle Brandt fan... for K's birthday/housewarming, the Beautiful Brandt Boardies put together a scrapbook for Kyle. It was a beautiful k-book! Annie was quite proud of it! The neatest thing was that K actually acknowledged it...

This is an excerpt from his journal entitled: Honored and Flattered.

My dearest droogies-

NBC's mail system tends to run a bit slow, but it usually comes through in the end. And that's exactly what it did today. As I hustled into my dressing room this morning (unshaven, a bit late and trying to learn my lines) I stopped in the doorway as I found myself staring at a delightful PILE of packages and presents. Now, occasionally I have been lucky enough to receive a keepsake or good luck charm from very sweet people around the country, but never have I been knee-dip in gifts as I was on this fine day.

Mere minutes later, as I sat in a pile of wrapping paper and wripped cardboard, I felt warmed, surprised and honored to have received such thoughtful and memorable gifts.

Now the Wolfpack has a place in my new home. As I watch tv, wrapped in their banner, I will reflect on the sensitivity, devotion and care each of them has instilled in this little clubhouse we all hang out in. Thank you guys. You are the best possible helpers I could have hoped for.

I am also now the proud owner of a vintage Mr. Big T-shirt. How random, yet unbelievably cool is that??!! I literally cheered when I opened that present. I had forgotten that I mentioned Mr. Big once on this site, and apparently that was all it took. I will wear that shirt often- and I'll attempt to do so at a function that will produce pics on the net so you can see it. Thanks you guys.

Finally- the scrapbook that I received this morning was simply one of the best presents I have ever received. And I mean it. As I flipped through every page, my jaw got closer and closer to the floor. I was so taken aback by the dilligence and care that when into that book- thank you does not suffice. (Eric's dressing room is next to mine, so I yelled for him to come in and check it out. He was floored- and I think maybe a little jealous). Later on I sat in the makeup chair telling everyone in the room about the book -Farah, Martha, Kristian and others. I raved about it to the point that they all were demanding I bring it in so they could see it. I will keep and cherish that book for the rest of my life. I only wish I could one to each of you in return. Thank you all very, very much- especially Annie.

I consider you all friends and I cannot thank you enough.

Very truly yours,
-K


Annie also got to hang out in a chat that the gang had organized for K's birthday... he made a cameo appearance at the chat. It was great to see him. He popped in for about an hour. He was pretty quiet trying to keep up with all the chatter. While he was online, Alexis, Ali and his mom all called. He left when Mom called. He was going out with E-Dub and some friends that night.

OTHER RANDOM STUFF
Sunday dinners are now lunches... to make life easier on us all - well, not really me since this now means I have to have the house cleaned by Saturday night for our Sunday get-togethers, we made the change. I think this will work out well since the kids won't be so tired and we won't have to deal with them not wanting to go to bed.

OK... I'm going to end this blog for now... stay tuned for more... :)

No comments: