Friday, November 05, 2004

only took a week to get back here...

Yesterday, when I picked Ryan up from school, he had his head cocked to the side and told me, " Mommy, I feel like I got a shot in my left ear... sharp... it hurts!" (Kaili is the only child I've had who ever had an ear infection and we found out about hers by accident since she didn't complain...)

I took him to the ped and he indeed had an ear infection... his first ever. It was funny to see him interacting with the ped:

Dr. Cronin: I need to check your ears, Ryan
Ryan: With an otto-scope?
Dr. Cronin: Where did you learn that word?
Ryan: Blue's Clues, where did you learn it?
(we laugh... Dr. Cronin starts to check Ry's right ear - he pushes her away)Ryan: I told you... the left ear! You right with your right so this side is your left...
Dr. Cronin: Good reasoning, Ryan
(after checking his ears and throat, she listens to his lungs)Ryan: Is that a steffoscope?
Dr. Cronin: Yes, Ryan, it is.
Ryan: I think it's broken because I don't hear anything...
(Dr. Cronin explains to Ryan about how it works... then lets him listen)
Dr. Cronin: You're all done, now Ryan...
Ryan: Where's my sticker and lollipop? Are you going write a pascriptin for medicine?

Oh my heck... these kids are getting so grown up!

ONE MORE RYAN FUNNY!

The other day, Mom, Auntie Chit & Auntie Noemi came over to help clean and do laundry. Right before they left, Mom handed Ryan $20 to give to Auntie Noemi. Kaili (who had been watching) walks up to her and opens out her hand. Mom hands her a dollar... Kiana runs over, "Me, too! Me, too!" so Mom hands her a dollar. Ry is standing off to the side. Mom looks at him. "Ry, do you want a dollar, too?" Ryan replies, "No." Mom, surprised, says, "Good." Ry walks up with his hand out, "No Wawa, I want TWO!"



No comments: