Sunday, October 31, 2004

Finally starting... the BLOG... :)

Thought it was time to finally get off my butt and start a blog...

Today is Halloween 2004. Here's a picture of the trio at Stan's work Halloween party on Friday... http://kwongdynasty.smugmug.com/photos/10568229-S.jpg

Ryan is 4-1/4 years old... he was dressed as a fighter pilot (a la Top Gun)...
http://kwongdynasty.smugmug.com/photos/10565558-S.jpg

Kiana is 2-1/2 years old... diva girl was dressed as the Little Mermaid...
NOTE: this is one of the only "good" pics we got at the party - as soon as we arrived, there was a guy dressed as Shrek (I think Stan said his name was Ricky) with a gigantic head and she FLIPPED out... as soon as she finally calmed down - a skeleton guy with flashing red eyes walked by and she went back into hysterics...
http://kwongdynasty.smugmug.com/photos/10568226-S.jpg

Kaili is 15 months old... our baby was Snow White
(sorry it's blurry... she was running at me)
http://kwongdynasty.smugmug.com/photos/10565549-S.jpg

Yesterday (10/30) we had a busy day... good... but busy...

DANCE CLASS
Kiana got measured for her costume for the show in June... :) She is in a piece called "Catch a Falling Star" - she performs on June 12th at the 430pm show. I think it's weird that she's performing that late when Caitlyn Reyes' performance (Baby Bumble Bee) is at 1030am. I have no idea when the Daddy-Daughter dance will be. I hope it's not too early or we'll be out all day. Mom doesn't want to go to the show - she gets a little too anxious. She just wants to watch the video later. I think we'll leave Kaili with her that day. I don't think I can handle helping Kiana get ready and deal with the other kids, too.

Kiana was a pill during class - really bratty and whiny - kept saying she wanted to go nite-nite... yeah, right... girlfriend had woken up only 2 hours before... but what can you expect from a 2 year old, I guess... Carina was so much more into class this time. She did great!

DISNEY ON ICE
Went to Disney on Ice right after KJ's dance class. Met the Reyes' there. All of the kids had a BLAST!!! Ry was so excited to see Jerrod. He actually sat with him for more than half of Act 2! Normally, he's pretty clingy with me but he loves his Auntie Cin & Uncle Jin... and thinks Jerrod is pretty cool. He even likes Caitlyn a lot - will explain about that later... ;)

We asked Ry & Kiana what their favorite part of the show was...
Ry's was all the genies that came onto the ice during the "Friend Like Me" number.
Kiana's was (of course) The Little Mermaid. When Ariel & Eric came onto the ice, Kiana almost jumped out of her seat, she was soooooo excited! She clapped and waved and squealed.

Kaili really enjoyed herself, too... she was awake for Act 1 - and she was really attentive. She clapped at the right times... pointed at characters she recognized... smiled a lot... It was so much fun to watch her be so excited... She fell asleep at the beginning of Act 2... actually, before the show ended, I had 2 sleeping princesses on my lap.

Stan and I were really happy with the show. Well worth the money.

DARDA / RANCH 99
After the show, we did a late lunch with the Reyes' at Darda... YUM!!! (Note to self: next time they're over for dinner, we need to do Darda!) All of the kids ate a ton. Ry was very... Ry! He kept disappearing under the table, taking off his shoes, eating off other people's plates... y'know... the usual. Kiana had her usual attitude but she was in check for the most part. Kaili was climbing all over the place.

Ry & Jin were like Jerrod & Stan usually are... Ry sat with Jin like they were best buds. It was neat to watch.

After lunch, we shopped at Ranch 99 with the kids. Stan had Ry, Jerrod, Caitlyn and one of the girls (Kiana & Kaili switched off until I ended up carrying both of them) in the cart. Cin & Jin looked for stuff they needed. I walked with diva girl and baby monkey... :)

When we got home, we all just chilled out. I cleaned the kitchen (you know how much of a clean freak I am) which made me very happy. Now... if I could just get to the rest of the house...

Well... I better go to bed... despite the fact that it's Daylight Savings and we're supposed to gain an hour, I'm almost positive that the Trio won't know that and will still be up early... Gotta go change clocks... :)

Hmmmm... this blogging thing is going to be fun... hope I can keep it up!

No comments: