Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy 7th Birthday to Ryan!!!

"Here Kia, let me log you in... your username is ******** and here (pauses as he types) is your password... do you need help earning your points? Let me know..." a few minutes later, I hear him reading quiz questions and different game instructions to her...

Ryan is helping Kiana log into Webkinz so she can take her turn to play... though a lot of the time, he's the one earning the Webkins dollars for his little sisters...

When did my little boy get so big? Today I watched in awe as he did underwater torpedos and worked so hard on his backfloat... I listened to him as he told me a funny story about his day with his Uncle Rudy - he was so funny and so animated in the way he spoke... I wondered if he'd be a chatty storyteller like his Mommy or if he'd turn into the "facts only" guy like his Daddy... I sat attentively as he worked to teach Kiana how to tell time on her own... NOTE: he ended up giving up and directing her to the digital clock since she doesn't cound by 5's yet... :) I giggled as he told me jokes in the back of our newly returned minivan... "Knock Knock... Who's there? Who... Who, Who? Um... is there an Owl in here?"
(cue hysterical laughter by Ryan and his audience - aka Kia and K)

My first born is growing up... It seems like yesterday when he was the complete focus of our lives... now, he shares that spot with his two little sisters... he's an awesome big brother... This year has been full of lots of fun memories --- from being in Mrs. Faria's 1st grade class... to learning how to catch and make plays in T-Ball to earning his beads and patches at Cub Scouts to most recently, learning how to swim! Ry is a sensitive, sweet, affectionate (sometimes overly affectionate!), smart, charming, sometimes whiny, very expressive child... Stan and I are so proud to be his parents...

Happy Happy 7th Birthday my Bubba! We love you!


Take a trip down memory lane with us to see how Ryan has grown...
http://www.geocities.com/ryan_kwong/birthstory.html


Ry on his birth-day - July 24, 2000










Ry - 1 year old

Ry - 2 years old


Ry - 3 years old


Ry - 4 years old


Ry - 5 years old


Ry - 6 years old


Ry - 7 years old --- taken at 12:22am (yes, he stays up that late!)

No comments: