So my darling firstborn has decided that the only opinion that matters in the entire world is his daddy's... nevermind that I am the one who does freakin' everything for the child. I know it's a phase and he's pushing the envelope to see what I'm going to do... all kids do this. Hell, I remember doing this to my mom at one point (though short-lived). It is so damn irritating. The attitude he throws around when it comes to Daddy... like he worships him! I've always wanted for Ry to look up to his Daddy. Since Ry was born, Stan hasn't really been around much since his priority was work... in the recent past (about a year since he started at Logitech), he's really tried to be around more - at least for Ryan. We both felt that it was important since all of Ry's influences in life were pretty much women - me, the girls, my mom, my sister, Auntie Eden... I know I shouldn't complain but his stinkin' attitude irks me to pieces.
ME: Ry, would you hand me that cup so I can wash it?
RY: You didn't say "please"
ME: Please...
RY: I only listen to my Daddy...
after a few minutes of back-and-forth "discussion" about the importance of Daddy's word, I decided to take it down to the 6-year-old level. man, did that make things u-g-l-y! i told him that if he did not do as i asked, i would not give him the same courtesy.
RY: Mommy, would you give me a cup of milk, please?
ME: Sorry Ry, I only listen to Daddy...
RY: Mommy, I need help with my homework.
ME: You didn't say please...
RY: Please, Mommy...
ME: Oh, I forgot... I only listen to Daddy...
this bantering lasted for a good 3 or 4 days. thankfully, it ended one day with Ryan approaching me and telling me that he was going to start listening and following directions from me... not just Daddy. what changed his mind? aside from being totally frustrated with not having any help when he needed it... he saw the calendar and realized that Santa would be making his list and checking it twice in the next few weeks... hahahahahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment